- Link & E621 / Antacid (Jedi Knights Remix)
- Eggfooyoung / Electric Motivators
- MMT-8 / Mindlocked
- Burrito Boys / Untitled [AT05 B2]
- Knightz of Bass / Space Invaders
- Knightz of Bass / Da M-Pire (Sideshow Remix)
- Man Parrish / Man Made
- DJ R21 / Style
- Intelligent Concept / Just Get On Down
- State Logik / Electro Boogie
- Cyber-Funk / Untitled [UR0117 B2]
- Egyptian Lover / Sintropolis
- Eggfooyoung / B-Boys Take Control
- Michna / Quadruple Gold Dipped
- Santogold / Anne (Switch Mix, Hydroz Re-Rub)
- Kraftwerk / Numbers
- Mandroid / Horizon
I've been holding on to some of these tracks all summer. Zaps and squeaks and all kinds of fun.
The back half of this mix - from Sintropolis through Numbers - features what I like to think of as the "numbers rhythm". Meaning the particular drum sequence (specifically the arrangement of kick and snare) as heard in Numbers by Kraftwerk. It's a common pattern present in a lot of Electro. See for example: Planet Rock, Electric Kingdom, Running, a lot of freestyle, etc. It's a pattern I absolutely love. Some people never tire of a straight TR-909 house beat. I never get tired of the numbers rhythm.
The version of Anne by Santogold I played in this show is a weird one. It's an edit ("Re-Rub") of a remix (Switch Mix) of the original. Switch is credited as producer of the original Anne; he later remixed it (by adding a hook based on Kraftwerk's The Model, as well as the drum sequence and some samples from Numbers) for a mix CD called Top Ranking - A Diplo Dub. Hydraulix took that track and doubled its length, then distributed it as the Hydroz Re-Rub. It was originally available for download on Myspace, or maybe Soundcloud, but it's gone now.
Eggfooyoung, AKA Adrian Michna, is a monster. I've now played every beat-driven track on the Breakdance & Motivate EP on this show. It's one of my favorite records. Four cracking electro tracks. Drum machine, bass, FX, and ambient sounds. It's so, so good.
And that's it. Time to sleep.