MTT No. 075 / Wiggle, Shake, BouncePosted 2018-08-03. Permalink. Tagged anonradio, electro, hiphop, miami bass, movement through thought, music, radio.
Miami Bass. Florida Electro. Old car audio bass CDs. This one is probably Not Safe For Work - it doesn't get raunchy, but almost. I'm sure some profanity snuck through.
- Dynamix II / Woofer Test II (The Longest Hum On The Planet) 00:00
- Jock-D & Jealous J / Party Time 01:28
- Dynamix II ft. J-Nas-T / Feel The Groove 05:24
- Techno Bass Crew / Do It To Me 08:14
- Techmaster P.E.B. / Listen To The Music 10:27
- Beat Dominator / Retro Style 12:58
- Bass Master A.C.E / Totally Bass 16:27
- MC A.D.E. And Posse / DJ Eddie B 19:12
- Iceman Ja / Dance Transformers 22:07
- The 2 Live Crew / Get It Girl 27:02
- Fresh Celeste ft. M-4 Sers / Get It Boy (Radio Version) 28:54
- Fresh Celeste ft. M-4 Sers / Get It Boy (Bonus Beats) 30:24
- Kooly C & KJ / Let's Get This Party Started 32:21
- Afro-Rican / Give It All You Got (Instrumental) 36:36
- Salt-N-Pepa / Push It (Remix 12" Version) 38:22
- Old School Players / Push It 40:52
- Quad City DJ's / Work Baby Work (The Prep) 42:18
- Quad City DJ's / C'mon N' Ride It (The Train) (Dance Remix) 47:30
- Techmaster P.E.B. / Don't Stop The Bass 48:38
- Excel / Don't Stop Now 52:30
- Techmaster P.E.B. / Bass Out 57:32
August is bass month, and here's our first installment. Similar to MTT023 this is mostly miami bass & car audio stuff between 120 and 130 beats per minute, though I do sidestep into more recognizable pop music with Salt-N-Pepa and Quad City DJ's. Where Miami Bass surfaces and joins '90s mainstream pop, I suppose. Quad City DJ's are really good at what they do...
Iceman Ja's Dance Transformers stands out among the traditional miami bass - the pad, the little (FM?) synth melody, the rap, the scratches, it's exceptional. Amazingly Iceman Ja just put out a new album called The Transformer a couple of months ago. It's available at On-Fire Electronic Records, Iceman's label. It sounds pretty dang good, too; might have to pick it up to play later this month.
I'm happy with this one, despite a few obvious flubs. I danced around like a fool, missed a few cues, didn't quite match tempo a few times. It's all good.