MTT No. 092 / Looking UpPosted 2018-11-30. Permalink. Tagged anonradio, drum & bass, dubstep, electro, footwork, movement through thought, music, radio.
Post-dubstep, drum & bass, footwork and a tiny bit of electro this week. Featuring eight tracks from the excellent Cosmic Bridge record label.
- Crypticz / Spirit On (For Z) 00:00
- Aether Pilot / Northern Radio Plant 02:47
- Ital Tek / Shinra 05:47
- Om Unit / Angry Buzz 07:59
- Ital Tek / Mega City Industry 11:35
- Kuedo / Onset (Escapism) 15:10
- Kuedo / Reality Drift 17:40
- Boxcutter / Tibetan Metastate 19:46
- Skip Club Orchestra / Sub-Scream 21:40
- Breaka ft. SC / Aromatic Riddim 24:16
- Danny Scrilla & Om Unit / Free Flight 28:26
- Om Unit / Fuzzd An Soup 31:36
- Om Unit ft. DRS / Make Believe 33:57
- Oliver Yorke / Ryoan-Ji 37:28
- Moresounds / Ting N Tings 40:12
- Coco Bryce / 多幸感 43:56
- Sully / Crystal Cuts 48:41
- PFM / Danny's Song 52:15
- Paul Blackford / Jacob's Ladder 55:17
- Skip Club Orchestra / But... 58:38
The obvious highlight here is all the tracks from Om Unit's label Cosmic Bridge - Spirit On, Angry Buzz, Tibetan Metastate, Free Flight, Fuzzd An Soup, Make Believe, Ryoan-Ji, and Ting N Tings. The mixture of 80 BPM dubstep, drum & bass, and footwork promoted by Cosmic Bridge is really exciting to me - a fresh take on a lot of sounds I love.
The two new drum & bass tunes at the end are also worth noting. Coco Bryce's 多幸感 (Euphoria?) is beautifully programmed. Reminds me of Photek's Ni-Ten-Ichi-Ryu. And Sully's Flock EP is breathtaking, the best new drum & bass I've heard in years. (Well, new-to-me, anyway. The release itself is three years old.)
This show was thrown together in a few hours while exhausted. Given that, it turned out better than I expected. The tracks are good; I hope I didn't spoil them with my inelegant mashing.