MTT 123 / Spare No FakesPosted 2019-07-05. Permalink. Tagged anonradio, electro, movement through thought, music, radio, techno.
Electro, Detroit and otherwise, for an impromptu US Independence Day show.
- Gliese / Landing On A Wild Planet 00:00
- Model 600 / Update Version.ur 03:30
- J. Shaw / Neuron Galaxy 07:03
- Ectomorph / Magnetic (Version) 10:01
- Chaos / Afrogermanic 12:33
- The Sentinel / 2.2.4 15:56
- Contactless / Downpour 17:48
- J. Shaw / Jupiter Funk 22:28
- Model 500 / OFI (Mad Mike Remix) 25:58
- EDMX / Do You Wanna? (Instrumental) 28:19
- DJ Di'jital / The Enforcer 30:24
- DJ Godfather / Future Shock 33:39
- KT-19941 / Face Your Fate 35:58
- EDMX / Minimum 39:41
- D.I.E. / Not R Fault 41:46
- Dark Matrix / Untitled [LSF007 B3] 45:15
- Dexter / D-Funked 48:17
- Drexciya / Hydro Cubes 51:20
- Andrew Red Hand / Detroit Sunset 55:05
- Stingray313 / 22-334E 57:22
J. Shaw's two tracks, from his album on Tec-Troit, stand out in this show. It's a smooth, fast (mostly 140 BPM and over), proper Detroit electro album. It's seriously great; I've had it on repeat all weekend, and can't recommend it enough.
Shaw also put out an album on Militant Science in 2011, specifically MSIA027. (Which appears to be a compilation of music previously available as MSR011 and MSR015). It's my favorite single release from Militant Science; I'll recommend that one, too.
A reddit thread tipped me off to Model 500's OFI. I somehow missed it back in 2010, even though I picked up the later Control single in 2012. The title of that thread is accurate - OFI is a track that bounces, leans, rides. The only thing I dislike about it is the mastering - it sounds overcompressed. Still gets me dancing, though.
There's lots more to recommend from this hour - that Contactless album, Gliese's Flight To New Home EP, Detroit In Effect's Not R Fault (which I picked up from their Myspace page years ago), and so on. But if I don't stop talking here I'll end up running through the whole tracklist.
This was a fun set. I've got no idea what I'll do next week.