MTT 132 / Missing LinkPosted 2019-09-06. Permalink. Tagged anonradio, electro, movement through thought, music, radio, techno.
More fast electro, following from where the curve left off two weeks ago.
- Sonar Base / Photon Filters 00:00
- Arp 220 / Meur Maei 03:01
- Alpha 606 / Anarchy In China 06:48
- Dr. Futurist / Salient 10:54
- Boris Divider / Clone Factory 13:14
- Drox / Raw Communication 17:05
- Lowfish / The Freezing 20:53
- Dangerous Frontiers / We Are Invisible 24:20
- Sonar Base / Space Travel 27:22
- Plant43 / Inward Stream 30:44
- Rings Around Saturn / Perfect Crime 36:05
- Photodementia / D's Groove 40:17
- The Beat Club / Lost In Space (Deep Space) 43:17
- Eon / Jackbox 45:47
- J. Shaw / Levels Of Space 48:31
- Scarletron / Decalcomania 52:04
- Radioactiveman vs. Luke Dumbstruck / Acid Shelf 58:02
Two tracks from the excellent Brokntoys label feature in this mix: Arp 220's Meur Maei and Perfect Crime by Rings Around Saturn. Brokntoys has an amazing catalog of acid, electro, IDM, techno, and genuine weirdness up at their bandcamp. I can't recommend them enough; I just picked up their discography for the second time.
The centerpiece of this hour, the song I was building to, is Scarletron's Decalcomania. Scarletron is Carl Finlow (best known as Silicon Scally) and Daz Quayle (head of the SCSI-AV label). Released on Electron Industries in 1996, it's a big record, pretty well-known. The b-side, Cusp Catastrophe, is also excellent.
All of these tracks are good, though the arrangement could be better. I'll be back next week with something slower.