Disco, techno, electro. Some jams this week.
Right-click save-as here
or on the spectrogram above to download the mix from
- Bangkok Impact / Crowdpleaser
- Orgue Electronique ft. Luke Eargoggle / Den Bosch
- Kitbuilders / Give It To Me
- Legowelt / Conquestadores Extraterrestriales (Remix)
- Gosub / Strange City
- Japanese Telecom / Virtual Origami 2
- Blackploid / Photographic Photogenic
- Japanese Telecom / Character Maps (Perspects Remix)
- Raiders of the Lost Arp / Workflow
- Cybotron / Alleys Of Your Mind
- A Number Of Names / Sharevari (Vocal)
- Ectomorph / Lost Angles (Manyangles Version)
- Perspects / They Keep Dancing (Instrumental)
- Gino Soccio / Remember (VICTIM OF CHANGE edit)
- Telex / Moskow Diskow (Original French Version)
- Private Lives / Private Life (Extended Mix)
- Solvent / My Radio
- Bangkok Impact / Traveller (Part 2)
The Strange City - Virtual Origami 2 - Photographic Photogenic segment is a neat
little Gerald Donald-ian
diversion in the middle of this mix. It's pointed out on the discogs page
for Blackploid's Inhaltsverzeichnis EP
that Photographic Photogenic sounds a lot like Virtual Origami 2; the commenter
was right, and it makes for a nice (and very quick) little mix.
All of the old "real" disco tracks included here (Remember, Moskow Diskow,
arguably Sharevari) are unauthorized bootlegs. It still surprises me that
something so difficult to manufacture as vinyl gets bootlegged that way.
is one that made it into the shops when I was actively buying records in ~2007.
It's one of my favorites. Private Lives, the artist, turns out to be Cylob & Ed
DMX. (According to discogs, anyway).
Finally, My Radio by Solvent. From the second of the three Disco Nouveau
records, which I've mentioned before. I'll
say again: that compilation is extremely good. This mix includes two other
tracks from it, Lost Angles and They Keep Dancing. But My Radio takes the
prize. A song of loss and disappointment direct at a radio. Look up the lyrics!