Mid 2000s Florida electro. Right-click save-as here or on the spectrogram above to download the mix from aNONradio's archives.
- DJ Overdose / The Beat
- Exzakt / More Bounce To The Ounce
- Silicon / Silicon
- Netzwerk Florida / Earth.Wind.Fire (Instrumental)
- Exzakt / Musik Is The Drug
- E.V.A.C. / Terra (Salim Rafiq's Anti Terra-rist Remix)
- Resident Alien / Movement Through Thought
- T.E.S.T. & Excel / No Disgrace In The Bass
- Brice Kelly / Phony Tech Support
- Sound Chasers / Sonar
- Brice Kelly / Unmanned March
- Xerodefx / Fatal Brain Reactions
- Brice Kelly / New Awareness
- Exzakt / Futureshock
- Xerodefx / Onya
- T.E.S.T. & Excel / It Seems To Me
These are some of my favorite records. This radio program itself, Movement Through Thought, is named after the Resident Alien track in this mix.
More Monotone USA again, and a small selection of Frajile Records (Bandcamp) and Exceleration Records. I have the complete run of Exceleration, and nearly the complete run of Monotone. The later Exceleration releases (in particular the two T.E.S.T. records) are unbelievably good. Unfortunately I'm missing pieces of the Frajile catalog, most importantly Florida Electro Artists Vol. 1 and the two Resident Alien 12"s. They're shooting up in value, too, so it's unlikely I'll be able to pick them up soon.
These tracks hit a real sweet spot for me. I don't think I can describe why, exactly. I'm not much of a writer. TR-808 or TR-808-like drums, synth leads & arpeggios, pitched bass samples, not overcompressed so as to be too loud. (With the exception of those Brice Kelly releases - there's more compression going on there than I like...). Some air left in the sound, so you can hear some subtlety in it.
I completely forgot about that Decibel Festival 2006 flyer in the sleeve of MON004. I keep flyers, tickets, and receipts inside the poly sleeves of records...